Chile.

Looks beautiful on the picture. Isn't It?

Posted by S.S. on December 9, 2020

When the actions of Pinochet took in action in Chile, Soviet Union Opposed them. Then after collapse of USSR the chile became the best example in Russia meida what can happen with country if devaluate communistic values. Later it became only one developed country in Latin America.

But even the western world criticed the Pinochet government actions, it gave the chile membership in the world trade organisation, cooperated with it and gave good opportunities for citisens in case of travel and work in the west world countries.

In western SMI the chile also was described only from the good side as usually the do with the developed country, instead of developing nations, which western SMI describe usually from the bad side.

And what happened in 2019 years just a few month before the pandemic.

The author of this story arrived in country in 2019 in middle of september, with a feeling that the Chile is the best Latin American country in the world.

The first that surprised me was the garbage in the plaza Italia, the center of the city. I wonder why they don't keep the center clean if they are rich. The second the people in the hostel was not welcome to me as I expected in Latin america, but it was only begining.

The next step was to find cheap hostel. But even the place that i found should be free, they took money for stay. Year it was 5 times cheaper then the first one. But then I went around and quickly got an impression that everyone wants money, and you need to pay for everything.

The city also has a lack of good architecture and the conditions of the most buildings, are bad. The people on the streets made me an image that people are more nervous than in neighbour Argentina.

And what happened on 18 october 2019. The rising prices for already expensive metro system, triggered the mass protests. A lot of people used the unabbility of police to stop them for looting shops, destroy metro parks benches and hotels. The government surprized me that they reacted on this like temporary events that will quickly went out, but that didn't happened. And the people that I asked around reacted on this like this happened not in there city, but somewhere in neiboughs.

The real thing is I thing that the people with consicweses of people from developing country, was put into the environment of developed country. So 30 years passed since that approach, and they got result.

The government also not clever minded as also the people. They spend a lot of money for awful infrastructure and put high prices on all social services, even the quality for that is not good.

So to make a developed country just directives to population and just providing the laws of developed country - is a totally bad approach.

Responsive image
S.S.